[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: Iowa Children's Home Society


Posted By: Cheryl S. (email)
Date: 1/27/2014 at 09:38:16

In Response To: Iowa Children's Home Society (Breena Yates)

Iowa law about access to birth records is more strict than some other states. The Iowa Department of Public Health maintains the records. A link to the IDPH process for requesting copies of vital records is included below.

Children are considered "entitled persons" under Iowa law, and have the right to request a copy of parents birth records. However, in your case an adoption is involved, and access to your husband's birth record may depend on the specifics of the adoption. I would suggest calling the IDPH toll free number for guidance. The link below is to the IDPH website Vital Records page.

IDPH - Vital Records

Messages In This Thread


Unknown Queries maintained by Welcome Hostess.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen


Post Response

Your Name:
E-Mail Address:
Your Query

If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

Verification Test: Please type the two letters
before submission   (helps stop automated spam):  



[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]