Henry Collman & Christiana C Morrison (Marriage 1911)
Posted By: Bruce Atkinson (email)
Date: 10/19/2019 at 16:47:30
PRETTY HOME WEDDING
ONLY DAUGHTER OF MR. AND MRS. ALEX MORRISON IS WED
MANY GUESTS AT CEREMONY
A pretty wedding was celebrated at the home of the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. A. R. Morrison, of Preston township, at four o'clock, February 22d when their only daughter, Christina C. was joined in wedlock to Henry Collmann, a son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Collmann Sr., old residents of Preston township. The bridal party entered to the strains of the Wedding march played by Dorothy Y. Rembe, and took their places under a beautiful pink and white arch surmounted by a large white wedding Bell. The ceremony was performed by Rev. J. P. Linn, of Creston, Iowa, an old friend of the family. The bride was dressed in a lovely white lansdowne, trimmed with lace and insertion and wore a bridal veil fastened with a bouquet of cream bride's roses. She was attended by a girlhood friend, Dena Johnson, dressed in white Persian lawn, trimmed with embroidery. She carried pink roses. The groom was dressed in dark blue serge. He was attended by his brother, Albert.
They received hearty congratulations from many friends, showered with rice and old shoes. The dining room was beautifully decorated with the bride's colors and the tables with large bouquets of pink and white carnations, also streamers of pink and white ribbons from the four corners of the tables to the ceiling, fastened with a white bell. The serving was done by six young ladies, friends of the bride. They were dressed in white. The guests were received by Bessie Robertson. The young couple received many presents in cut glass, silverware. And handpainted china, besides many other gifts, also several checks. The bride’s gift from her parents was a beautiful upright grand piano. The bride threw her bouquet and it was caught by Josephine Erickson. Mr. and Mrs. Henry Collmann left on a wedding trip to the West, and will be home to their many friends on a farm in Preston township after March 20th. The good wishes of their many friends go with them.
~Copyright © 1911; Le Mars Semi-Weekly Sentinel (Le Mars, Plymouth County, Iowa) of 28 February 1911.
Plymouth Documents maintained by Linda Ziemann.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen