Fannie Warnock Bitten By Rattlesnake
Posted By: Ken Wright (email)
Date: 3/9/2008 at 16:19:52
Spirit Lake Beacon, September 9, 1880.
Saturday morning David Warnock’s little girl, Fannie, a child 6 years, was severely bitten on the foot by a rattlesnake. Dr. Greaser was sent for, but being out of town, did not reach there until 3 o’clock in the afternoon. Large quantities of whiskey were given to the child, but the limb kept on swelling, and when the doctor got there, was turning black. Iodine was given internally and applied as a wash and soon the swelling began to diminish. The child is doing well and will soon be about as usual.
Ida Documents maintained by MaryAlice Schwanke.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen