Geneva Towndhip-"Franklin County Itís Past & Present"-1869
RICE, GAMER, RHINEHART, JORDON, SMITH, PERDUE, HUNSELL, WARD, THOMPSON, JONES, BOOTS, BERRY, CHURCH, CARBAUGH, BENSON, HOMER, YENTER
Posted By: cheryl Locher moonen (email)
Date: 1/31/2020 at 22:25:14
Dubuque Daily Times. Sunday, Apr 11, 1869. Dubuque, IA. Page: 2
Itís Past & Present
Geneva Township was set off from Reeve Township January 4th, 1858. It includes Congressional Township 91, 19. The first settlement of Geneva Township was made in 1854, by Amon Rice, now of Washington Tp., Job Gamer, Peter Rhinehart, Quincy A. Jordan, Henry Smith, J. E. Perdue and Thomas Perdue, none of whom are now residing in the township, nor any in the county, excepting Mr. Rice. Some of the oldest settlers at present residing in the township are Messrs. G. W. Hunsell, Wm. Ward, W. H. Thompson, Benjamin Jones and Martin Boots. Some of the most extensive farmers are Messrs. Hansell, Ward and Boots, mentioned above. P. C. Berry, D. Church, D. G. Carbaugh, (just sold out) R. Benson, A. D. Benson, R. Homer, and J. Yenter.
Geneva is the name of a Post Office near the center of the township. W. H. Thompson, Postmaster.
Franklin Documents maintained by Rose Rouse.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen