Steenlager, Child 1897 – 1898
Posted By: Joy Moore (email)
Date: 11/18/2020 at 15:33:40
Source: Decorah Republican Dec. 8, 1898 P 3 C 3
Died of Lye Poisoning.
West Union Gazette:—It was a sad accident indeed which happened last Sabbath at the home of G. Steenlager in Auburn township. Mrs. S. had gone to church and the children in playing went into the next room where the little one, a year and one-half old, got hold of an open box of Lewis’ Lye, and besides getting it on its face and hands swallowed some. Dr. Dodd was at once called but nothing could help it and it died before morning.
Fayette Obituaries maintained by Constance Diamond.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen