On this flag pole is a plaque listing the names of Veterans of the Civil War who Lie Buried in This Cemetery. It was presented by the Womans Relief Corps, Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War and the Daughters of Union Veterans, Tent No. 16 and Tent No. 58 in 1957. According to a second plaque it was restored at some time by the Waterloo Veterans Association which included the Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, Rainbow Division of Veterans, Sons of Union Veterans, Span Am War Veterans, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Fountain dedicated in Memory of the Union Soldiers of the Civil War, 1861-1865. Located at West Fourth and Cedar in Waterloo, Iowa. Located near the Veterans's Memorial Hall.