This is one of the oldest towns in Benton County, and being about the nucleus of the first settlement in the county, a town naturally sprung up here. It was first known as "Hoosier Point;" but a town was laid out and called Marysville, to which an addition was afterward made and called Manatheka.
In 1856, there were four steam saw-mills in the immediate vicinity of Marysville; and there were several business concerns in the village, which was then one of the thriftiest places in the county. In 1857, the people of the town offered one thousand dollars as a bonus to any one who would erect a steam flouring-mill, but could not find any one to accept their offer.
W. W. Culver, a member of Vinton Lodge, No. 62, A., F. & A. M., was buried according to the ceremonies of that Order at Marysville, Jane 21, 1857.
At present Marysville has about two dozen dwellings, a two-story school house, and a church belonging to the Christian denomination.
Marysville Lodge, No. 173, A. 0. U. W., started July 2, 1878, with a membership of sixteen, which had been increased by ten within five weeks.
There is also a lodge of Odd Fellows, in a flourishing condition.
There are two or three steam saw-mills in the vicinity, doing a good business, and affording a fair trade to the town.