Before the Rock Island came into possession of the railroad line into Vinton, a passenger station was erected at 612 Second Avenue, at a cost of about $40,000 and was dedicated March 1, 1900. The lower five feet of the walls is of dressed stone of light color and the upper part of pressed brick. The floor of the depot is of marble tile and the woodwork of oak.
The depot no longer sees the bustle of passengers, the mail being snared or cargo being loaded and unloaded. It now stands quietly, reminiscing of those days and being preserved as another "Historical Point of Interest in Benton County".